Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is in treatment facility and asked me to help…

Customer Question
My daughter is in...

My daughter is in treatment facility and asked me to help her, she has been divorced 7 years, ex huysband has custody, he only lets her see the boys when he feels like it, never follows the custody visitation, wont answer the phone, wont let the kids talk to their mom, she is behind on child support, can he keep the kids from her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, she has no money for lawyer so I am trying to help her. her ex was turned into DHS for leaving boys alone till 3:30 in morning so he blames her even though her sponser tirne

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been fighting with him about following the custody agreement for years

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If he is violating court orders, the recourse is to file in court for motions to compel and motion for contempt. The court can force his hand and adjudicate the issues.

even if my daughter is behind on child support? can that keep him from letting us see the boys

No, the issues are unrelated. He cannot use one against the other.

If my replies are fast and acceptable, please reply "yes"

Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!