Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is in treatment facility and asked me to help…

Customer Question
My daughter is in...

My daughter is in treatment facility and asked me to help her, she has been divorced 7 years, ex huysband has custody, he only lets her see the boys when he feels like it, never follows the custody visitation, wont answer the phone, wont let the kids talk to their mom, she is behind on child support, can he keep the kids from her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, she has no money for lawyer so I am trying to help her. her ex was turned into DHS for leaving boys alone till 3:30 in morning so he blames her even though her sponser tirne

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been fighting with him about following the custody agreement for years

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your daughter's difficulties.

If her ex-husband is not complying with custody and visitation Order, then she needs to file contempt action against her ex to force him to comply.

Click here for forms and instructions.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law