Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I reported abuse of my grand child to dcs/cps in arizona…

Customer Question
I reported abuse of...

I reported abuse of my grand child to dcs/cps in arizona around dec 2016. in about a week or so, they said she was ok. I told the worker that wasnt right , and i hoped the child didnt die. Feb 12, 2017 she died. The parents are charged with 10 counts of child abuse and murder. How can I sue dcs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Its in the previous message. Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I am very sorry this happened. Doctors can be pursued on theory of contribution to the death, including negligence and malpractice. Normally, a plaintiff lawyer would pursue the case for the estate of the child and handle the matter on contingency fee basis.

Martindale.com and avvo.com are good resources. Insurance will often step in to defend and eventually settle within policy limits.

If that is fast and acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

no. I didnt ask about doctors. I sais DCS/CPS...child protective service.

The agencies can be sued and held liable under similar theory of neglgience and failure to act and that failure being a proximate cause of the death.

In other words, had the agencies acted timely, the death may have been avoided. They are not immune from suit.

do you practice in arizona

No, but the process would apply there. We cannot represent customers so if you need a local lawyer to handle I would recommend martindale.com and avvo.com

Good luck!!

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.