Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Cps took kids they are at my mothers but no legal papers…

Customer Question
Cps took kids they...

Cps took kids they are at my mothers but no legal papers have come the allegations in boyfriend not me the mother? I still have legal custody can i take them to another state and move?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No dont have money single parent

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My youngest is emotional disturbed, mood disorder and has tried to choke herself. She was coming home from school with brusies and when i asked about them cps came to house the first time. Wont anwser about buries being there. And what she said happened she would be in hospial or dead if it happened

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Okay

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

If you do take your children to another state, CPS will most likely come after you and them. I'm sorry to say when they find them, they'll take the children again, and it is very unlikely you'll get them back.

I see your request for a phone call failed due to payment problems,

I'm going to hold off for a bit to see if that can be sorted out, okay?

Sue