Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex wife is in breach of court orders in that she not

Customer Question
My ex wife is...

My ex wife is in breach of court orders in that she not allowing visitations (she says my son does not want to see me) and has changed my son's surname without my consent. I am fully compliant with child support payments and she knows my whereabouts.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sydney NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on a lawyers. My current lawyer is saying that she will pull the same stunt down the track as my ex has no regard for the law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been divorced for approximately 5 years and she was compliant for the first 3 years. For whatever reason she stopped visitation January 2016

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Violation of court orders is normally addressed by your lawyer filing a motion to compel compliance and a motion for contempt. This is normally effective.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.