Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Second opinion] Signed a prenup when I got married. It was a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Signed a...

Second opinion] Signed a prenup when I got married. It was a week before wedding. How valid our prenups in ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its been 8 years and my husband cheated

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Anyone there
12/11/2017
Family Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead, simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

The previous contributor who answered your question is not, to my knowledge, licensed to practice law in California.

I am a member of the State Bar of California,the Bar of the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), the Bar of the U.S. Tax Court, the California and National Associations of Realtors, and I have comprehensive information about all areas of California and federal law.

California "premarital agreements" are enforceable. However, a family court will very carefully scrutinize both the agreement and the surrounding facts, to determine if the agreement was actually bargained for at "arm's length" between the parties -- especially if only one party was represented by legal counsel or if the agreement appears to be unreasonably favorable to one party.

Additionally, where spousal support is concerned, the family court will determine if the agreement is fair as of the date of the dissolution of marriage, not the date when the premarital agreement was made. Because of this, a great many premarital agreements are invalidated for spousal support purposes, while maintaining their validity for purposes of property division.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can arrange to send you an offer of direct correspondence, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

I would like your direct contact info

Offer sent.

To my email?

See the premium services offer.

I need to walk my dog. If you accept the offer I'll send the contact info as soon as I return.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer