Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ex obtained custody via my failure to win a continuance for…

Ex obtained custody via...

Ex obtained custody via my failure to win a continuance for a hearing on my "contempt" ie not being able to drive my child to my ex due to a car issue but making her available to him the entire week, until I had out of state travel plans

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

There is an order for protection in place making it so I cannot contact him which was put because I was so harassing when I had a lot to say after I found out that he lied in mediation. I was given 2 4hr visits a week which were to take place in the city we live in. There is not a visitation center there and without CPS involved they will not supervise a visit. (supervised due to my "contempt" and I might run off w her) I cant get CPS wont/cant supervise, our childs dacycare provider wont talk to me per his doing, and so I found a supervised visit center ina nearby town and the manager there called my ex to set up visits. he refused to bring our child there. The contempt order was signed at the end of august, he would not bring our child since mid September when I found a place, and I filed my rule 60 relief based on his lie to the court at the end of September. THe craziest thing is that the judge didn't deny my motion on anything except "i didn't do anything for 3 months then decided to now"... I don't have a lawyer, it took over 2 months to get this put together and filed and looked at by him. He basically denied my motion as if he necver read all I had to say. I literally have not been able to see my child. How do I get the judge to again hear what I have to say? I know that my ex will likely be moving to another state and use the judges wording to get permission to avoid a hearing to move. This is so sick. Nobody is putting my 2 year olds needs for bonding (we had 50/50) first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Please just help me and mostly my baby

12/11/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

You need to file Motion for Consideration and along with that, also file Motion for Expedited Hearing and tell the Court the reason for the urgency: you are afraid that your ex-would relocate and make it even more difficult for you to have access to your child. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello. I am unsure when you responded as this was a few months ago. Unfortunately it is not relevant anymore but i do appreciate your help.