Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What are the rights of a single mother with two kids and the

father has only signed birth...
What are the rights of a single mother with two kids and the father has only signed birth certificates
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no the kids live with their mother who works full time in her own home and the father does not work and has no driver license.
12/9/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Are you the mom here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am the mother's mom.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would rather correspond this way.

No problem, mother has legal and physical custody father only has potential rights.She is free to move, relocate, deny him visitation, anything she wants since she is not married here.If he files for paternity the court will give him visitation at that time.But until then she is free to do anything she wants here in Indiana.She is free to relocate if she needs to

I appreciate the chance to help tonight and wish her the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

The stars are at top of the page, thanks for rating 5 stars so I may be paid.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer