Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I both have a 30 day PFAs on each other, I am…

Customer Question
My husband and I both...
My husband and I both have a 30 day PFAs on each other, I am in our rental property until 1/6/2018 & then I move and he gets to stay there , he is evicted and excluded from the property but somehow he got me excluded from the garage, my thing is I have our snow shovels in there , my ladders that I use for my window cleaning business and misc other things , since it only says excluded and not evicted for me (garage only) can one of my family members go in and retrieve my belongings, I have the key he never asked for it back like I did the house key until I move .
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/9/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

As long as he is not in there when you go into the garage and it is your property only being removed, you can send someone into the garage to get the property. Furthermore, no court will expect you to endure winter weather without being able to access shovels and salt/sand or other such tools needed for the snow. The whole thing in the PFA is you are not to have contact with one another.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

One more question when we had the temporary PFA s from 11/28 to 12/6/2017 , he and his children who are 23 and 26 went into our home when he and I were not to be on the property and took out or 50" tv and placed that plus other things like that my grandmother gave to me before she passed in 1999 , I know it was for spite because it was my baby pictures with my grandparents . Can I also have that brought back into the house ? He can have it when I move I just wanted something to watch while I packed my life up to move .

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you would need to go to court with a motion for a rule to show cause for contempt of court and ask the court to order the return of that property and the court will order him to do so.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer