Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do we have any recourse or case against DSHS in Wa State for…

Customer Question
Do we have any recourse...
Do we have any recourse or case against DSHS in Wa State for removing a child that we’ve had for 4 of his 6 months of life and placing him with someone that doesn’t even know him but knows Mom? This is a case of severe trauma and abuse. Dad is in jail and Mom has no visition due to court order.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/9/2017
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 9 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Still unsure. Are you asking me or seeking another opinion?

Asking you.
Any information on this situation yet?

Hi. I was in the middle of answering last night when the site went down for maintenance.

As I said the other day, your options are very limited. You have little say in the placement decisions of the agency. States will sometimes allow interested parties to intervene in a case for good cause. Here is a link to an old case almost exactly like yours.... the Foster Parents were denied. I believe you would be today under current law.

https://law.justia.com/cases/washington/supreme-court/1991/57638-6-1.html

Have you talked to the Attorney for the child?

This brief from 2014 also contains a good review of the law on the issue.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/content/petitions/91286-6%20COA%20Respondents%20Brief%20AG.pdf#search=cr24 dependency cases

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.