Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I modified my parenting plan in August when can I change…

Customer Question
If I modified my parenting...
If I modified my parenting plan in August when can I change it again
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

What state are you located in?

WA State
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

Thanks! Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

There's not a set time that you have to wait to apply for a modification of the parenting plan.

Rather, there needs to be a substantial change in circumstances.

This could be a change in your circumstances, or a change in circumstances affecting your child, that were not present or anticipated at the time the prior parenting order was put in.

So if that's occurred, you don't need to wait, you can file for a modification now.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!