Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughters father made a false report to Cps against me…

Customer Question
My daughters father made...

My daughters father made a false report to Cps against me saying I abuse and neglect my daughter the social worker could not officially tell me it was him but beat around the bush saying my assumptions were not far off. Her father also sends demeaning texts referring to my husband and I as low life’s. He is malicious and tries to alienate my daughter from me for his own selfish addenda what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Wa state

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I’m trying to find a probono lawyer I have a five person family on my husbands income and I’ve been doing this for years and already have debt from a previous lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her step mother is also very over stepping. She signs confidential forms for my daughter with out her husbands signature even she is not a legal guardian and she tries to over power my position as my daughters mother even when I am present in a situation

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. In the state of Washington, it is a crime to falsely report to CPS that someone is hurting a child when they are not. The law requires that if CPS believes that this was false, then they will send a letter to the person stating that the second violation will be referred to the proper law enforcement agency, probably the attorney general. A part of this si going to require a bit of patience as you work through the CPS process a bit and it is highly troubling for any reasonable person; however, if he continues to do these things, there is recourse that can be had by the state against him.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Can I file harassment charges for verbal via text name calling demeaning parenting comments and false cps calls

You may be able to file a lawsuit for intentional infliction of emotional distress and if he is threatening you with physical harm, RCW 9A.46.020 have criminal penalties attached to it.

You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising that ther eare civil and criminal penalties attached to his behavior. Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. Here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Did you have any other questions for me?

What proof do I need to file harassment charges

The text messages and anything else that he sent would be helpful. Otherwise, you will have to provide a list of dates and times that he did certain things. You may want to create a timeline because it'll help you organize your thoughts as much as possible. Did you have any other questions for me at all?