Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I joined the membership with my 5 dollars two hours ago.

Customer Question
I joined the membership...

I joined the membership with my 5 dollars two hours ago. Twice ive had to fill out these damn forms to only be disconnected. What am I suppose to do now I dont even know what to do anymore. Has my card been charged 5 dollars twice! Please help me. This is so important

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I know it does because you ask this everytime im in Ny state and I dont know wha type of law it falls undert law

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In the divorce yes, but I want to know if divorce is a reason of hardship to give your spouse your stocks as a lump sum payment in divorce and if it is possible how long it takes stocks to convert to cash

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I verbally told spouse I would give stocks and change my mind now that after 18 months of spouse dragging feet, does spouse have any legal right to force me to give her stocks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 4 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

The answer is No, a marital settlement agreement has to be in writing so your oral statement is not enforceable.

Converting stocks to cash usually only takes a day or a few days if the stocks are listed on an exchange.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney