Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to modify my spousal support to my ex wife who lives…

Customer Question
I need to modify...

I need to modify my spousal support to my ex wife who lives in New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Florida and she lives in New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't just starting the process of trying to find an attorney who will handle the case for me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are no children involved in the original divorce

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Spousal support can be modified on motion. The court will want to be hear and need to be convinced that there is change in circumstances in need and ability to pay.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.