RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I need to modify my spousal support to my ex wife who lives

Customer Question

I need to modify my spousal support to my ex wife who lives in New York
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Florida and she lives in New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't just starting the process of trying to find an attorney who will handle the case for me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are no children involved in the original divorce
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.
Spousal support can be modified on motion. The court will want to be hear and need to be convinced that there is change in circumstances in need and ability to pay.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.