Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a single mother in florida I have a 15 month old baby…

Customer Question
I am a single...

I am a single mother in florida I have a 15 month old baby the father has 50 % timeshare with the father . is the law in florida 505 TIMESHARE WITH FATHER /

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

YES THE JUDGE GAVE 50 50% I AGREED BECAUSE I WAS SCARED AND PRESSURED

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

YES WAS THE FINAL JUDGEMENT BY COURT IS THIS NORMAL ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

YES CAN THEY TAKE AWAY MY CHILD ? AND HOW CAN I GET MORE TIMESHARE WITH MY CHILD/

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very muchf or your patience. So, it is normal for a judge to award 50/50 custody in terms of time between parents. The court has to take a lot of things into consideration, but particularly they look into the best interests of the child. To clarify what that means, they will essentially look into who can best provide for the health, welfare, and education of the child. They may look into the finances of each of the parties, whether they are using drugs, whether they are working, where they live, their living conditions, and the relationship between the parents as well. Accordingly, if you want more time with the child, then you may be able to file for a modification of the parent child relationship. You'd have to prove to the judge that there is a legitimate reason why the child should be spending more time with you and less time with the other parent. If the other parent has lost a job or if they are incarcerated or have anger issues, those may be good reasons why you would be able to get greater time with the child.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

u did t answer me if it is a the law in FLORIDA THE 50 50 % Costody.. the father of my child put a restrain order aginst me . how can I remove the junction . I have no money there is any organization that can help me with lawyers fee?

I apologize if you feel like I didn't answer the question. The answer is no, it is not the law to give 50/50 custody; the law only allows a judge to apportion custody in alignment with the best interests of the child. So, sometimes its 90/10, other times it's 100/0, sometimes it's 50/50. It depends on the circumstances.

If you're looking for legal aid about the restraining order, you can click here to find FL's pro bono associations

Did you have any other questions for me at all?

no it is a free 30 minuites trial

Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your last post. Can you clarify?

ok thank you

exellent
no thank you

Hi, it seems like you may be a bit busy. With a 15-month old, I can imagine that is the case. I'll leave this discussion open in case you have any further questions and so you can clarify your last few posts for me. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law