Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is there a web site for me information ofoall my rights as a…

Customer Question
Is there a web site...
Is there a web site for me information ofoall
my rights as a birth parent, my baby was taken from me at birth, 3 days old in the state of PA?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Generally, to take steps you regain custody, you would

Request an Evaluation

A professor child custody evaluator will examine all the variables of your case, from your interactions with your child to your home environment. He or she will do the same for your children's current custodian. The evaluator's report will help the court make a decision about your children's best interests.

Address the Issues

• Before you will have any chance of getting back custody of your children, you will need to show that you have corrected any problem(s) that led to losing custody, such as:
  • Alcohol or drug abuse
  • Physical abuse or neglect
  • Other safety issues in your home

Your lawyer and the child custody evaluator can help you identify solutions, such as:

• Complete an addiction program.
  • Take parenting classes.
  • Go to counseling.
  • Repair your home.

Once you have addressed the issues, you may have a reevaluation.

Follow the Law

Everything you do at this time should show the court that you are a responsible person who cares about your children.

• Attend all hearings about your case.
  • Abide by the current custody arrangement, even if you are not allowed to see your children.
  • If you have visitation, return your children on time.

In short, do not give the courts, or your children's current custodian, any reason to doubt your suitability as a parent.

Request Shared Legal Custody and Visitation

If you do not currently have these rights, getting them can be a positive first step to showing you are capable of making the right decisions for your children. Use every visitation opportunity you get. You will strengthen your argument for being a responsible parent and getting back custody.

Remember, the courts try to do what is best for the children. Everything you do should support your claim that you are what is best for them.

http://www.attorneys.com/child-custody/steps-for-getting-back-custody

Let me know if you want to discuss this further.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Hello again:

Just checking whether you got all that you needed from Just Answer. If so, let me know. if not, let me know. Thank you.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney