Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can my child be patted down at school without my presence.

Customer Question
Can my child be...

Can my child be patted down at school without my presence

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No someone said that some Crowley kid was a school shooter so they pulled out all three of my kids and searched them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My middle child has austism and since then he has not went back to school and stays in bed in a fetal position

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley
In these unfortunate times, for safety purposes, schools are allowed to pat down children if there is a reasonable concern that a crime may be perpetrated. However, it is supposed to be done in such a way that the child who is investigated does not suffer any kind of injuries. I would suggest that you send a letter to the school district's attorney or solicitor to advise that there still our issues with regards ***** ***** padding down of your child. I would also at this point have the child talk to their counselor or obtain counseling for them so that they can move on from this incident but you could theoretically initiate a lawsuit against the school district for the method in which they patted down your child who is I assume at need