Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Child support has been miscalculated by my attorney and now…

Customer Question
Child support has been miscalculated...
Child support has been miscalculated by my attorney and now I'm out thousands of dollars and she is continuing to bill me to basically fix her mistake.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

I want to know if by her miscalculation, I have a case against her for legal negligence and/or malpractice? We were in mediation yesterday and the mediator immediately thought the fact that I was paying my ex husband $569 a month when I am primary guardian and he has only 116 overnights and I have 249 was ridiculous and he calculated numbers on 3 different worksheets. There was absolutely NO final calculations that confirmed my attorney's number. Now I am out $2100, soon to be almost $2700 and she continues to bill me for things that would not even be an issue if her initial calculations were correct.