Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My boyfriends x got a restraining order on him with the

Customer Question
My boyfriends x got...

My boyfriends x got a restraining order on him with the bases she was pregant. She lied on the info we gave the judge. We got the restraing dropped because she sent fake ultra sound. My boyfriend and I suffered lost wages and we were emotionally damage because we found out it was a fake and it almost broke us up because he was so upset and I was physically sick because how much she put us through. Can we sue

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No we want to sue her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She lied to the judge and to us she told my boyfriend she was going to give the baby up he will never see it and was never pregnant

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
A claim is viable for infliction of emotional distress.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!