Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Like to know or have information about filings for divorce…

Customer Question
Like to know or...

Like to know or have information about filings for divorce etc,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Information about procedures for filing for divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet, having difficulties wife left, and other issues have arrived

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Plenty but i will have the lawyer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/6/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Can you share what me what your question is and what State you are filing in?

kansas, and i would like to file for divorce, also, i have some issue with getting document signed without my wife having her signature , notarized, etc, which i need to get complete , without her signature

Why wont she sign it and what is it that you need to get signed?

also can i sign papers (mortage modification loans that need both signature without her prescence

No, you can not. You could not sign those without her authorization and if she refuses to sign them or there are issues, you need to speak with the lender. You can also ask the Judge to order/compel her to sign, if the home is at risk for loss or there are issues, so the marital home is not wasted and lost.

she is not with me no more she left , gone somewhere , maybe back to washington state, but i want to keep the house ,

Yes, this is something you can ask the Judge to award you. There needs to be a division of the marital assets, so if you file, you can seek to be awarded this. If she has left the State and resides elsewhere, she may not have an issue deeding her interest to you, so you keep it and you give something else up, in exchange.

i spoke with the lender, we have a modification program pending , but it has to be notified and i dont know or have her phone number ,
i cant locate her, i dont know where she is and there is not a contact number

You may not be able to proceed. If she is on the loan or title, she needs to sign off on it.

not the loan but the deed . the mortage is in my name

Absent a court order, you need to speak with your lender about this and how you can not find her and if they would allow an affidavit to be submitted or any forms to fill out to file, to avoid having her sign.

the loan va, mortage guarantees, but the lending company says its want both signatures any way to get it appended or replacedhow can you have

You need to find her or obtain a court order, as part of the divorce.

a court order? what documents do i need to obtain an file to get a court order

You are going to need to hire an attorney. You are going to want and need to likely file for divorce if she left and you can not find her and no longer want to remain married. Once this is done, the issue with the home can be addressed. I know it is not ideal but when a spouse just leaves and you do not know where they are, there are still things which they are legally liable for.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!