Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to reduce my child support payments. I have been…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to reduce my child support payments. I have been paying $1600. A month and around $500. In insurance for 2 children based on we were first divorced and she was not working. She has been working for the last 3 years and I quit my job in sept and moving to Reno, no on dec 15th to be closer to my children. I am going from a job that paid &95,000 to 30,000 a year. We agreed on visitation, but I have paying the normal amount even though I have been trying to move and do not start work until late December?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Our case is in CA at the moment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have been using self help family law

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think she is not being truthful about her financial documents she submitted to the court

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I see what you've written but I don't see a question. I have a pretty good guess what you're going to ask... but I don't want to presume so if you could let me know what you're looking to have answered, that would be great.