Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question regarding a woman's kids being taken from…

Customer Question
Hello...I have a question regarding...
Hello...I have a question regarding a woman's kids being taken from her unjustly and took her rights. The system put the guy n the relationship n jail. But took kids from her and her rights. He didn't even go to jail for what the kids "accused" him for. We believe a specific woman has an issue with her and took her kids. What can she do....this issue is destroying her life.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they are interfering with her civil right to make decisions for and care for her children, then she is entitled to a local attorney to represent her. The US Supreme Court has clearly stated that the parent's rights are not to be interfered with unless they are proven to be unfit by clear and convincing evidence. See: Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000).

So, if you want to help her, you need to get her legal representation or legal aid and they need to file a petition for reunification in the court which is a complaint with the court demanding they order the state to return her children to her.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.