Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex is threatening to take me back to court to have child…

Customer Question
My ex is threatening...

My ex is threatening to take me back to court to have child support (he pays) renegotiated. I don't want to because last time it was humiliating for me. Is it possible for me not to have to appear, or, if I have representation, not to have to speak and have them speak on my behalf?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about that.

Yes, definitely. If you have an attorney representing you, they can speak on your behalf and you would not need to speak to your ex at all.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!