Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My child's father knows I'm licensed to carry his new

Customer Question
My child's father knows...

My child's father knows I'm licensed to carry his new girlfriend is saying I threatened them but havent i only asked him is it ok for fire arms to be around our son does this look bad for me in court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Free legal advice they said to agree to shared custody and hope the gun discussion doesn't come up at all because it could hurt me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a video of him slamming my baby down in car seat how can I show that video in court he has a record and abuses illegal drugs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

No, it does not look bad for you to have a carry permit. It also does not look bad for you to have asked if it was okay with them for you to have your firearm properly stored or carried around your son. They would have to prove any actual threat and if you did make an actual threat, then that would not look the best for you, BUT if you have video of him slamming the baby in the car seat and you have proof of his drug use, he would look even worse. You can raise his drug use issue and the video and even his criminal record if the matter goes into court by having your attorney present your evidence to the court, such as the video and they can get his criminal record from the clerk of court criminal record check and if you have any witness who can testify they have seen him use drugs, they can testify.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer