Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I moved to Texas with my child two years ago. I am unmarried…

Customer Question
I moved to Texas...

I moved to Texas with my child two years ago. I am unmarried and there was no order in place. The dad filed a complaint at the family court , but it was dismissed due to lack of service. Does that mean they couldn’t locate my address and there is no current order pending ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

He filed a complaint in Arizona and I now live in Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I opened a case for child support on my own , but I wasn’t aware of this complaint until I checked online just recently.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Correct, that means that since they couldn't locate you, the case couldn't move forward and was eventually dismissed for failure to get you served with the summons to force you to come to court.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Thank you ! I will reach out to you again once my case moves along.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

.

Have a great evening!