Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What is the process to take my family court case from Family…

Customer Question
What is the process...

What is the process to take my family court case from Family court to a jury case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

I am in Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a question also about a order that was given- perhaps she /he can help. I have a judge that is holding me in contempt for agreed orders that i did per their instruction my ex's attorney is trying throw incredible fees at me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Seattle Scott, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Seattle Scott

Kentucky does not allow for a jury trial in family law cases. Here is the law ( which the same for all states that I have checked).

Kentucky Revised Statutes

Title 35. DOMESTIC RELATIONS

Chapter 403. DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE - CHILD CUSTODY

General Provisions

Current through 2017 Ky. Acts ch. 193

§ 403.010. Court may grant divorce - Remarriage

A jury shall not be impaneled in any action for divorce, alimony or maintenance, but courts having general jurisdiction may grant a divorce for the cause set out in this chapter. A decree of dissolution of marriage authorizes either party to marry again.

Cite as KRS 403.010