Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do you get a copy of a Bench Warrant for a Child Support…

Customer Question
How do you get a...
How do you get a copy of a Bench Warrant for a Child Support reason in the state of PA?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/4/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

Normally you can go to the clerk of courts where the case is being heard and a copy of the bench warrant will be contained in the file. Most files are opened to the public unless the judge has sealed it for some specific reason but if you ask the clerk they can show you the file or make you a copy of the bench warrant for a minimal file (usually $1.00 or $2.00 per page).

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

This is for a child support matter so it is not being heard in front of the common pleas. I attempted to call them, the child support people, and they will not give me any information in regards ***** ***** I searched the ujs portal site for her information and nothing is found. Will the report be in the main court house?

YOu would still go to the clerk of the court and search their files. Typically these cases are not sealed by the courts but the state will not provide information to you just because they don't want to spend all day doing that.

Thank you. Now the mother lost custody due to working a 12 hour shift till 7PM and not getting home till 8pm. THe mother in the last two weeks took on a new job, and her lawyer filed a motion to reconsider based on these guidelines. Is it possible that since she is now at a better job that is now days 8-5 that it will be overturned?

Sorry for the delay. There appears to be some issue with the internet or the website and me being able to lock the questions to respond so I will answer this and then sign off until tomorrow morning when I'll be back online and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

To answer your question, it is entirely possible that the court will overturn or reconsider its ruling based on these facts. Normally if you resolve the issue the court addressed then the judge will reconsider.

Of course, as you can imagine it is never guaranteed and the court can still keep its same ruling in which case the next step would be an appeal.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.

I am back online this morning if you have any additional questions.