Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My divorce was finalized on Dec 1, 2014. Then in October of…

Customer Question
My divorce was finalized...

My divorce was finalized on Dec 1, 2014. Then in October of 2016 my ex and I decided to try living together. We are still divorced and have kept all of our money separate. In July of 2017 we purchased a home in a senior park in both of our names. But I paid cash for the home out of my IRA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in California. Things have not worked out and I am leaving as soon as I can settle the money. I was told that since we are divorced and kept the money separate I own the home. I just want my $140k back. What are my chances

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

as you made the entire payment, and you were not married, you should get your money back. You have a good claim which can be pursued first by negotiation but if needed, lawyer involvement and court action.

Kindly let me know if that is acceptable by responding "yes"

Thank you

very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars.