Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in the middle of divorcing my spouse and want to

Customer Question
I am in the...

I am in the middle of divorcing my spouse and want to reconcile. But I believe he does not. When the divorce goes to trial will the judge ask if there is a chance of reconciliation? And if I say yes,will the judge recommend marriage counseling for both of us?Even if my spouse'always no?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, k have a lawyer. I'm the one who filed for the divorce

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your family law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

The petitioning spouse has a right to withdraw their petition within the initial 20 days of filing their petition; however after a complaint for divorce is served on the other spouse a discontinuance becomes only possible upon mutual agreement of both parties by both you and your husband agreeing to a stipulation withdrawing the divorce complaint.

Under Alabama no fault divorce law the judge can ask whether there is a chance of reconciliation and will do so to satisfy the granting of a divorce.

The court has the power to grant a divorce when:

"9) Upon application of either party, when the court finds there has been an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage and that further attempts at reconciliation are impractical or futile and not in the best interests of the parties or family."

So the court will inquire into future attempts at reconciliation and whether counseling could assist.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time and assistance.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer