Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Second opinion] If someone owes child support in the state…

Customer Question
Second opinion] If someone owes...
Second opinion] If someone owes child support in the state of Nevada can they get health insurance
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
If someone owes back child support in Las Vegas Nevada can that person still apply for state Medicaid
12/4/2017
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 9 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

I have been unable to find any law or regulation that prevents a person who owes child support from applying for and receiving Medicaid benefits, so as far as I can determine, the answer to your question is Yes.

https://www.medicaid.nv.gov/contactinfo.aspx

states you can phone(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####to confirm the accuracy of my answer.

I hope this information is helpful.