Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My question is regarding my ex girlfriend who lives with her…

Customer Question
My question is regarding...

My question is regarding my ex girlfriend who lives with her son in my home. I gave her a 30 day eviction notice. and extended that to be helpful by 1 week. She is threatening to not leave and demanding 90 days. She has tried to manipulate me and others to stay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope just online ideas to give her the eviction notice as she has no lease but has been paying rent on the 1st of the month

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is this consult going to cost

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Family Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Okay

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If she won’t leave you can file in court next. You can also let an eviction lawyer complete the eviction as such lawyers are inexpensive and handle evictions in volume and avoids your directly dealing with her. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I feel unsafe having her there because I feel she will manipulate me and others around me. if she doesn't leave by the 20th can I do anything else, such as filing a restraining order or something? I don't want to have this process go on for a long time. My mental stability is at stake.
no