Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My children have been in care since july they were removed…

Customer Question
my children have been in...
my children have been in foster care since july they were removed because of my husband showed up while a protective order was in place and i had been drinking that night and was falsely accused of making a suicidel threat against myself i have done everything dcf asked me too by completing an alchol program went to all doctors visits all school meetings all visits signed all papers and releases been in ongoing therapy but the other night i made a mistake by drinking a couple drinks before my visit and my visit was terminated i take full responsibility for my mistake but all the hard work i have done is now being thrown away i was supposed to go to trial on monday to get my 3 year old back but because of the other night now they say they want a commintment of my children do i have any chance of still getting my daughter and fighting dcf or even though i messed up once im done? i feel like one mistake shouldnt over rule all my hard work since im continuing to do everything they ask
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

It is unlikely that the children would be returned to you immediately under the circumstances. The DCF must act in the best interests of the children eventhough it looks from your view that you are being punished for making one big mistake. You need to exercise more patience and keep up with your therapy and take other positive actions that would show that you have learned from your mistakes and that the children would be safe in your custody. You would eventually get the children back if you continue to improve.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

Do I have the right to at least be heard by the judge or in other words can I still fight for my daughter to come home

Yes, you can, of course. However, I cannot give you false hope.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law