Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My boyfriend has joint custody of his daughter but her

My boyfriend has joint...

My boyfriend has joint custody of his daughter but her mother has her most night , we are moving out of county and want the schedule to change one week for each parent, she is still in daycare and we will send her near our new house . Also she will Have her own room when she does not even have her own bed at her mothers house . The problem is we are fire fighters so one day of the week I will be staying with her while he is at work , do we have a case to change the schedule or even get more time

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Do we have a case to change the schedule or get more time
We will be moving to a big house and a much better neighborhood and school district
There is a change in circumstances and it is better for the child which is the primary factor for consideration. If parties cannot agree court will decide this issue.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
But is there a chance the court will side with us even if I have to watch her when her father is at work
Over night
Good chance given housing and especially if you can show any issues with parenting of other parent.
Court sill encourage parents to compromise too so you may want to try that first some more.
Avoid costs and time of court.
Good luck!!
Thank you it helped a lot
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer