Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a elder Veteran in a nursing home after suffering a…

Customer Question
I have a elder...

I have a elder Veteran in a nursing home after suffering a stroke. He has a little dementia. He want to go to his Home. He was appointed a guardian the court. We go back to court on the 14 Dec.17 He wants me to be his guardian.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Detroit Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know that the Nursing home and the court appointed guardian are working together to keep him in the nursing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I'm in Michigan. My Question Can the Nursing home force him to stay If he want to leave

You mention he has a court appointed guardian, is that correct?

What State are you in?

I am currently on the West Coast. Again, did he have a court appointed guardian?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.