Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
MY SON DIED TWO AND HALF YEARS AGO AND THE MOTHER HAS LOST
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
MY SON DIED TWO AND HALF YEARS AGO AND THE MOTHER HAS LOST ALL PARENTAL THRU CPS IN TEXAS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY GRANDSON SINCE JUNE OF THIS YEAR WHEN THEY NOTIFIED ME HE WAS GOING UP FOR ADOPTI… read more
My question pertains to adoption. Texas. I was told by my
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Juris Doctor
I was told by my 2nd cousin that her dad and his girlfriend wanted to hand their newborn over to us..but now cps says we're not a canidate because we're not really related...I was just wondering if we should just give up or ask an attorney if we even have a leg to stand on? … read more
CPS just got involved in our lives with our two children
Sean K
Sean K, Attorney/Member
CPS just got involved in our lives with our two children yesterday my house whatever and I got into an argument the cops were called the cops are the one who report of the CPS am I able to leave the s… read more
I am looking for a lawyer that might be able to help me. Me
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Juris Doctor
I am looking for a lawyer that might be able to help me. Me and my son are Virginia residents there is a case in Bourbour County Wv involving CPS my son was taken from his father and given to me. I wa… read more
I live in TX. I adopted. Now due to extensive behavioral
Ray, Lawyer
I live in TX. I adopted. Now due to extensive behavioral issues I need to return the child. CPS appears to be taking me through a process. I don't feel safe or comfortable with the child in my home. … read more
I signed something called a safety plan, well at least that
FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Appellate attorney & former trial lawyer
I signed something called a safety plan, well at least that is what I was told, what exactly did I sign? Plz tell me I didn't give up all rights to my daughter forever? The family member said if I hir… read more
My step daughter has a past history of drug use. She had a
Phillips Esq., Attorney
my step daughter has a past history of drug use. She had a baby 4 weeks ago and cps took baby to her mother. Step daughter is living her father and I . CPS has still not given her a case worker just t… read more
How come this counselor will not release documents requested
Sue
Sue, Juris Doctorate
How come this counselor will not release documents requested of her concerning my children mental health. this was not court order but something that I decided to do as one of them was sexually assaul… read more
I am the maternal grandfather of a 2year old and 7 year old
Sam, Attorney
I am the maternal grandfather of a 2year old and 7 year old who have been living with my wife and I since July 2014. My wife is 63yrs old and I'm 60. The Texas Child Protection Services (CPS) called m… read more
I'm the kinship caregiver of my granddaughter. We still have
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
I'm the kinship caregiver of my granddaughter. We still have to go to the adversary hearing. When I ask the CPS worker questions she is very evasive. The other grandmother is asking to have our grandd… read more
State of Texas case that is fairly unique. Just going to timeline
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney at Law
State of Texas case that is fairly unique. Just going to timeline it out as I need help with the flow of forms to file. I filed for modification of my ordered support thru OAG in May 2012. Finally had… read more
My husband and I live in North Carolina . In April 2014 my
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
My husband and I live in North Carolina . In April 2014 my sisters 5 kids were taken by wood county cps and placed in foster care. I came to texas in June and fought to get the kids out of foster care… read more
My wife had a cps case in Las Vegas with her Ex Husband where
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
My wife had a cps case in Las Vegas with her Ex Husband where many abuse allegations against him were substantiated. Back in 2012. In late 2013 he hired an attorney to help him fight that decision and… read more
For the last 6 years I have been in a bitter custody battle
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
For the last 6 years I have been in a bitter custody battle with my ex-wife. This week a CPS agent came to my door and said they had received a report that two years ago my daughter was sexually assau… read more
Divorce proceedings 4 years ago in New Jersey. The court ordered Child
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Divorce proceedings 4 years ago in New Jersey. The court ordered Child Support (CS) payments send directly to the Custodial Parent (CP). Been making payments. The CP moved to a different state during … read more
Child Support expert My 33 yr old son and I live in Williamson
John Legal
John Legal, Doctoral Degree
Child Support expert: My 33 yr old son and I live in Williamson county Texas. He just moved back to Texas from Va. last June 2010. He has a child support court order from Hanover County, Va. (10 yrs) … read more
My husband and I are in the middle of a CPS case...Things are
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
My husband and I are in the middle of a CPS case...Things are not going well we are thinking about getting a divorce so that I can get my kids back since I don't have any allegations against me...is t… read more
CPS is involved. My wife was told by CPS (Texas) that she should
socrateaser, family lawyer
CPS is involved. My wife was told by CPS (Texas) that she should press charges against me for one alleged child abuse incident. My wife said no. Then CPS told her that if she does not file charges aga… read more