Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

When a couple gets divorced, are you able to separate

without any person receiving any...
When a couple gets divorced, are you able to separate without any person receiving any type of money or custody over something if both agree?
12/2/2017
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Sure, the parties are free to enter into their own private property settlement agreement where they agree to divide up their assets by agreement rather than having the judge decide.. In fact, judges tend to encourage this type of thing simply because it makes their job much easier if the parties have already agreed on all the property and assets.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
Barrister, Lawyer