Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have an elderly, WWII veteran brother in FL. His daughter…

Customer Question
I have an elderly...

I have an elderly, WWII veteran brother in FL. His daughter is his legal Guardian. I have reason to believe that he is being abused by his adult son, daughter, and son-in-law. I reside in a different state. Do I have any rights as his sibling?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am not able to afford an attorney in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The abuse is not physical. They terrorize him and verbally rant and rave at him. He is not able to walk. His caregivers have brought this to my attention. The daughter has forbidden them to speak to me. They do so without her knowledge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?

He resides in Florida. I live in California.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do I have any rights as his sibling?

.

You or the caregivers could contact the local Social Services Dept and ask that they conduct a "Wellness check" on him to see if there is any evidence of abuse or neglect. They will speak with him privately and if they feel that there is something going on, they can begin an investigation and intervene.

.

They are trained and are experts in discovering any type of abuse and can take the appropriate action..

.

.

thanks