Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am looking into a question my mother had about my fathers…

Customer Question
I am looking into...

I am looking into a question my mother had about my fathers ability to claim she abandoned property she inherited if she leaves him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

She is in Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

She does not have the money to talk to a lawyer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly clarify.

Also, what is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

My mother inherited land that she and my father live on. Both her and my father's names are ***** ***** deed to the land. My mother wants to know if she leaves my father and in doing so moves somewhere where she can live a better life Can my father claim she abandoned her rights to the property?

Thank you for the information.

No, he cannot do that. Even if he tried to claim that, no Court will side with him. Your mother retains her rights to her property unless your mother signs a Quitclaim Deed releasing her rights to the property to your father.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.