Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What kind of paperwork do I need to file for transfer of…

Customer Question
What kind of paperwork...

What kind of paperwork do I need to file for transfer of custody from parents to grandparents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that it is voluntary

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You would typically enter into an agreement providing for change of custody signed by all parties and submitted to the court for approval on motion. Local counsel can expedited. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thank you.