Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Right now I'm in Ga in temp. living. I have a home in S.C.

Customer Question
Pearl Wilson Lawyer's Assistant:...

Pearl Wilson

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Right now I'm in Ga in temp. living. I have a home in S.C. I'm going through a divorce. Ive found out that my wife before she filed. closed our joint checking of $30000 + an took another 38000 out of savings. Also found out that she bought her son who move in with us a car new an did't say anything to me. My question dodI have a case or not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I had one but she quit because I wasn't conplineing. I SAT WITH another an he would not give me a answer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

IT SEEMS TO ME EVERYONE WANTS TO KEEP HUSH HUSH WHEN I WENT THROUGH MEDIATION I SAID SOMTHING ABOUT AN WAS TOLD WE WOULDN'T TALK ABOUT THE MONEY

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
12/1/2017
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am really sorry to hear this. Is your divorce pending in SC or Georgia? Both I believe are community property states so you have a right to seek 50% contribution.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.