Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been married for 10 years to a wealthy man, during…

Customer Question
I have been married...

I have been married for 10 years to a wealthy man, during the course of our marriage he viloated my daughter who was 21 at the time and i` have not seen her in 4 years, he continues to go on match-com and look at other woman and I feel he chases after them. He is emotionLY MEAN TO ME, AND I have been in a deppression for 4 years. When I married him I signed a pre-nup. My pre-nup states I would only receive 20,000 he is worth 26 million. Whould I be held to the pre-nup. Please for my mis-spelled words. My cat is helping to type

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I'm afraid to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, well he is 73 I'm 52

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research

While you would have to have a local attorney review the language in the prenuptial agreement to know for sure there is nothing that you have discussed in your facts which would automatically nullify such an agreement. In general, prenuptial agreements do not depend on fault on breakup of the marriage or anything other than it being signed prior to the marriage.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.