Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If both my husband and I are un contesting our divorce, can…

Customer Question
If both my husband...

If both my husband and I are un contesting our divorce, can I use divorce writer to prepare all of the documents?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
We have no children, debt, or property to split. We simply need the divorce/dissolution finalization.
11/29/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, you can use sites like LegalZoom or DivorceWriter to do the uncontested divorce forms. You would both sign them and file them. The court will set a final dissolution date when you appear and the court will issue the final order of dissolution. Only one party needs to appear to get the order of dissolution and make sure it is actually entered on that date by the court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.