Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I had to move my child support case down here to Fl. because…

Customer Question
Hello I had to...

Hello I had to move my child support case down here to Fl. because my former wife had moved down here. One of my children I was paying child support on turned 19 ( which now has turned 20 in May of this year) and according to Alabama child support law he is suppose to be taken off. I requested a modification of my child support.nearly 7 months ago. I have yet to receive a court date and if this keeps up, my last son who I'm currently paying on will be turning 19 next Aug. I getting tired of this. I do everything by the law and just get bull crap answers. The child support laws need to be redone. I need someone to kick the courts in gear and get me a court date to modify my child support. Thank You Dwain Christian

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My divorce was done in Montgomery Alabama. Alabama child support told me because she moved to Fl I had to move the case here. That is what I did. Like I said, he turned 19 last year and I'm still paying on him. By the time they take the case my last son will turn 19 Aug next year and then trying to get my child support stopped for will take the courts another year to get there butts in gear and totally stop my child support.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I do not have the money to even pay for one plus I'm a disabled vet and traveling is hard for me. I have a 13" cut down my spine from surgery.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only to get the courts get my case heard.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you do anything after you filed the motion? Was it served on her? Do you know if it has been assigned a case number ***** Judge?