Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I wanted to know if the Dissolution of marriage granted my…

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if the Dissolution of marriage granted my ex furniture and it was finalized 11/21/17 and he had 7 days from the date to get it and it’s the 8th day, fo I have to allow him to still get the furniture?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I didn’t have an attorney

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/29/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
He is in technical violation of the order and you could require him to get the order modified to come get the furniture after the window.
I will warn you that a judge may not be particularly pleased with having to rule on a modification based upon a minor one day noncompliance, unless there is some good reason, such as a move or a vacation, for the 7 day window.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!