Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Barrister, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
My father passed away in March 2018. His wife lacked
Judge Bill K ret.
Judge Bill K ret., retired
My father passed away in March 2018. His wife lacked capacity so her daughter petitioned my dads trust using her power of attorney. Her mother died 3 days ago. What happens now? I know her power of at… read more
I need to get custody granddaughter due to my son passing
DanLegal
DanLegal, Law Partner
I need to get custody granddaughter due to my son passing away on the 15th at 22:34 he had sole custody of her. Her mother abandoned her 2 years ago and last year gave 100% sole custody of her to my s… read more
Should I motion for sanctions against my x's attorney? 1. My
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Should I motion for sanctions against my x's attorney?1. My x wanted to leave the country (Nov. 1st) with my son to go to Europe and visit her dying grandmother. My x needed me to sign passport papers… read more
My mother passed away in March ( Cirrhosis of the Liver)
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
My mother passed away in March ( Cirrhosis of the Liver) Before she passed she changed her Will twice with in a month. The last leaving my 92 year old Father completely out. She left everything to my … read more
I have custody of 2 boys ages 14 and 9 years old. The 9 year
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have custody of 2 boys ages 14 and 9 years old. The 9 year old is my biological grandson and the 14 year old is his brother but not my biological. I accepted the 14 year old when he was 5 yrs old be… read more
My father passed away late Thursday night. During his life
Loren, family lawyer
My father passed away late Thursday night. During his life he remarried in 2007(?) but had been separated since 2010. He never divorced her; he wanted her to divorce him. She never did. They were marr… read more
My step mother in law has been a total nightmare since the
Barrister, Lawyer
My step mother in law has been a total nightmare since the death of my father in law. She has always been known to be selfish and hateful towards my wife. Who was the favorite of the two children. It … read more
I have been living with a man for over 6yrs He is not
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I have been living with a man for over 6yrs He is not getting a divorce because he is afraid of the wife getting half the house. She left him 8yrs ago after a short marriage. They continue to file tax… read more
My wife has filed divorce papers against me just a couple
Loren, family lawyer
Hi, My wife has filed divorce papers against me just a couple weeks ago. I am in between jobs and I will have to represent myself. She is contesting marital property and claims that she owns part of o… read more
My dad's will was filed in NJ and set up a children's trust
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My dad's will was filed in NJ and set up a children's trust held by Merrill Lynch in his 1976 will in which each child was treated equally ...My mother was the co executor along with my ex husband ...… read more
In there state of Texas, is a beneficiaries of the husbands
mmdesq
mmdesq, Attorney
in there state of Texas, is a beneficiaries of the husbands estate an investor or just a member of the trust? There are four siblings, and one set of two care for their mother and the other two don't … read more
My dearest friend of over 50 years left her pension from GE
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
My dearest friend of over 50 years left her pension from GE to me to get after her death. She has been gone 4 months, am i entitled to this pension, no living relatives of her own.… read more
My mom passed away. Leaving my stepdad with their house. However,
Barrister, Lawyer
My mom passed away. Leaving my stepdad with their house. However, she was extremely sick and he left her for two years. He told me he didn't want to deal with her anymore. He even told me that he knew… read more
My husband filed for divorce two days after his mother passed
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
My husband filed for divorce two days after his mother passed away. We had been married for 17 yrs – together from the age of 15 and we are now 45. We have not been living together for the past 10+ ye… read more
My friends wife passed away last Sept (they were married 8
Barrister, Lawyer
My friends wife passed away last Sept (they were married 8 yrs) she had a Lincoln that was half paid for and some nice furniture...They bought a mobile home together and it is paid for by comingled mo… read more
Although Louisiana does not recognize Common Law Marriages,
Barrister, Lawyer
Although Louisiana does not recognize Common Law Marriages, my father and what I consider to be my mother (both are not legally married) have lived together for 47 years with the intent to marry befor… read more
A Sons deadbeat dad contacts my son after 18 yrs , my son 26
P. Simmons, Lawyer
A Sons deadbeat dad contacts my son after 18 yrs , my son 26 now. This past summer after never attempting to be a good supportive father. Tells my son , i abandoned him , my son at our time of separat… read more
I need to know in the state of Georgia the following: There
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
I need to know in the state of Georgia the following: There are 4 children in my family. The oldest is the child of my mother and her previous husband. Us remaining 3 children are from our common moth… read more