Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife is Nicaraguan, my daughter is American. We were

Customer Question
married in Nicaragua and then...
My wife is Nicaraguan, my daughter is American. We were married in Nicaragua and then moved to Panama where we separated and she lived with several boyfriends leaving me to raise my child on my own as she had done off and on in the past.While we where Living and residing in Panama my wife came to borrow money from me twice under the pretense of going to see her sick grandfather which I did. It wound up that she was really obtaining a divorce and custody of my daughter in Nicaragua where we did not live or reside in for over 2 years.The judge in the case was also a friend of both of ours. My wife and judge filed the papers (after being paid) and they falsely stated that we where all living in Nicaragua at the time, our records and passports verify otherwise. My summons where sent and signed for at her mothers house..She has since remarried another american and is living in the states and they are trying to take custody of my daughter using these divorce papers from Nicaragua.She also entered the USA on a visa based on our marriage after we where supposedly divorced..What can I do to challenge the validity of her divorce and custody attempt.. If I prove this can she be deported for making false statements on her entry to the USA and for filing a illegal Nicaraguan divorce document in the US court system.What are the right steps to take...
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/29/2017
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 4 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

I am sorry to hear this.

In which town is the court where she filed in Maryland located?

In which town do you and your daughter reside? How long have you resided there?

She is now in Baltimore Maryland, I dropped my daughter for a visit and she now has cut us off and is filing foe custody using her Nicaraguan divorce papers

In which town do you reside? How long have you resided there?

Ely, Counselor at Law