Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in Utah, I am looking to relocate out of state. I…

Customer Question
I live in Utah...

I live in Utah, I am looking to relocate out of state. I have two children ages 15 and the other is 13 will be 14 in February. My ex-husband has had his visitation rights suspended. That being the case do I still have to give him 60 days notice before I relocate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also have a Protective Order against my ex-husband. Our children are not wanting to see their dad at this time. They have been in counseling.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/28/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You need to give notice unless the parties agree otherwise or the court has ordered shorter/no notice.

do I notify him through his attorney through a legal document or will a letter suffice?

Letter is sufficient,

Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Does that letter get sent to him or his attorney or both? Does the 60 day notice begin at the date of that letter?

Both, and runs from receipt.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!