Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ex-boyfriend' s current fling keeps calling and texting my…

Customer Question
Ex-boyfriend' s current fling...

Ex-boyfriend' s current fling keeps calling and texting my phone. I've had 2 number changes since September 6,2017. She talks badly about me and it's affecting my reputation and have plans to begin my own business in the next 9 months. Help!

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Have you gone to the police and reported this harassment?

No but have the majority of her text. The voicemail messages have expired. She's made me miss submission of final assignment for one of my classes severely affected my final grade. At minimum $1500.00 has come from my pocket having to drive my ex whom I was involved with at the time to see his PO and putting money on his books because she'd call and lie to the PO because he was dating me. She sent the PO and his supervisor with guns drawn and the landlord was upset and considered evicting me
She threatens to call the cops on me,has threatened to fight me,and because I've got health issues as well as titanium implants in my low back I'm fearful for my physical safety and defamation of my character.

Thank you for the reply. Her actions can be criminal and you could go to the police and file a report against her, for her actions. I have provided a link below to the statutes, so you can see what she could be charged with. You could also go after her civilly and file for a protective order/harassment order, that would prevent her from contacting you and if she interferes with your business, so her for damages.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.027.009.000..HTM

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

The fling is almost 50yrs old and definitely not mentally stable and constantly making threats to put my ex back in jail and cause me problems because her sister is a FBI Agent

This is all information and evidence to use, when you go to the police to file a report or proceed to court and try and get a civil order imposed against her.

Ely, Counselor at Law