Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The father of my child and I do not agree on custody or

Customer Question
visitation - he is now...
the father of my child and I do not agree on custody or visitation - he is now under supervised visitation rules due to significant domestic violence. We motioned to change judges for specific reasons and a new judge has not been assigned. Now my ex has filed a request for an order for a hearing on the custody matter. Can he rush to get a hearing without us having a full evidentiary hearing?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
No. The court should schedule a hearing first and not grant any premature relief.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thanks.

Ely, Counselor at Law