Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

An ex roommate filed a few false 51A's against me and my…

Customer Question
An ex roommate filed...

An ex roommate filed a few false 51A's against me and my husband and i need some legal advice on how to get dcf out of my life they mad a service plan 10 months after they investigated

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Massachusetts worcester

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The service plan is requiring me to go to an outpatient program and i dont have drug problem and they are requiring my husband to go to a woman beaters group and he has never laid his hands on me we havent signed the service plan there are no court dates and the children are still in my custody

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

DCF in MA is one of the most incompetent and negligent bunch of social workers you will ever deal with and they frequently abuse their power on parents without any evidence just based on the social worker's own bias.

SO, getting a local attorney and getting the attorney involved to start by contacting the social worker and finding out why this is still going on if there has never been any drug or abuse issues. If they cannot provide proof to the attorney, the attorney can then take them to court to get an order to stop these programs they are forcing you to go though without evidence.

These social workers will stop at nothing to insert their personal bias into your life, until you get an attorney and then they know they have to begin acting properly and that they cannot just keep making things up as they go along.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Does dcf have a time limit on making the service plan

Thank you for your reply.

They do not have a real time limit on a service plan because according to their social workers, these plans continue to evolve and need changing as the parents go through the programs and, what they do not say, it justifies the social workers keeping their job without working hard at what they are supposed to be doing, saving children in danger.